September 9, 2008

a home...a world.....

A few days ago I packed up my home and put it in storage.
As I walked through each room,
picked up every little trinklet, wrapped it in bubble,
I lived a whole day...a whole memory with it.
a picture slipped out the back of a book case.
A memory slipped in my mind.
I played over each time we walked through a shop and chose the
one thing we finally picked up.
After putting every piece of my home in storage,
when I turned off the light for the last time...
the sadness I felt was overwhelming.

I know we will take another house,
We can open every piece and start over.
Yet, I will miss my home which I had built. It was small
it was tiny and over crowded...but it was a home which had love.
I could get up in the morning and see the hills from my window.
I could walk on the cool balcony floor, bare feet, and smell the fresh
grass. My lungs felt they would explode with every breath of fresh air I took.

LIfe goes on, things change, people change, nothing stays forever...yet...there are
somethings which we wish they would stay...and not every moment be
as flimsy and fleeting than it seems...

3 comments:

Wonderer said...

Reminds me a bit of the feeling I used to have when I was in school and would have to pick my bag from my desk the last time before I'd move to the next class as I'd have passed through (hmm... now that didn't happen too often!)

That desk always had so many memories... of moments spent with friends sitting on it, of fretting on the length of a period, of crapping in the pants when it occurred that I didn't know the answer to questions in the question paper in an exam! All of that and more! :)

But then I would know that I have passed... I have to move on... to something better maybe. The point is, back then, I didn't know what was coming (mostly it was more complicated studies in the next class :P) but, it was something I'd look forward while stashing away the memories of the previous class to look into whenever I'd feel like or want! :)

Here's to your new home! And to new memories! We'll have a TON o them when we turn 60 I say! So you collect them all you can! We'll compare notes in a few decades! :) What say you? :)

surbhikumar said...

Deal!

sb said...

I like how you have written up your feelings and I can understand and empathize. I went through the same. The first home always has the memories that you will cherish forever and that live in your heart. You have moved on to new things and new places in life and all these changes bring with it new memories that you will love and cherish!